Flannel is a soft woven fabric made from 100% cotton Yarn Flannel is brushed to create extra softness (Brushing is a mechanical process wherein a fine metal brush rubs the fabric to raise fine fibres from the loosely spun yarns).Due to Brushing Flannel touch is very soft and the fabric is extremely warm therefore used in making blankets baby wear and etc...Weaving Mechanism
- Flannel can be woven in either a twill weave or plain weave.After weaving, bleached or dyed,then brushed and then goes for printing process.
- Flannel products can be washed at 40°C after continues washing the brushed fabric may have some slight pilling this is a natural feature of the cotton and is easy to comb away with a pilling brush.
Flannelette is generally used as -
- is a lightweight fabric used for Baby wear.
- for Cleaning household and Cars/Bikes.
- Many Floral design flannel help keeping you warm during winters.
- Use in Dohars
- used for vigorous mopping out of bores ready for oiling before storage or cleaning out bores prior to use.
Shubhda Textiles has manufacturing house installed at Shivaji Nagar,Indore established in 1986 in India. We have entire range of Flannel Fabric and Duster Fabric with best quality standards using the best of technology and knowledge at our production house. Our production house is spread over approx. 12,000 sq. feet area includes various sub units.
We are currently Manufacturing Grey Fabric, Dyed, Bleach, Floral, Nursery, Flannelette Roll, Twill(Dobby), Drill, New Born Garments, Cotton Summer Coat and Hosiery Summer Coat.
How to check for 100% Flannel Fabric?
- Cut small swatches of each fabric
- Burn the Fabric
- Results for Cotton - Pure Cotton smells like burning paper,ashes are soft and fine,it turns to dust when touched.
- Results for Cotton/Polyster Mix - A darkish flame of smoke that smells like chemicals or burning plastic means the fabric is a cotton / polyester blend(mix),Synthetic fibers curl away from the heat and tend to melt.